We hope that you will be able to join us for our Mochitsuki on Saturday, Dec. 14, as we have a full schedule of entertainment and activities–from the chance to purchase delightful handcrafted gifts by the Crafty Ladies to music by the JBE band to our traditional mochi pounding demonstration. And, of course, it’s a time to catch up with your DC Chapter friends, and hopefully make some new ones!
Please register and place orders by Friday, Dec. 6 at: https://jacldcmochitsuki2019.eventbrite.com
Questions? Email email@example.com
- Delicious Japanese bentos (from local favorite, Tako Grill). Each bento order includes a bowl of homemade ozoni, dessert, and hot and cold drinks. Bento Options: Chicken Teriyaki, Salmon Teriyaki, and Vegetarian.
- Pre-order Prices ~ Members: $20 & Non-Members: $23
- Walk-in Price: $25
- ** Bentos often sellout and there will be a very limited number of extra bentos. Pre-ordering is strongly encouraged**
Fresh Mochi (from a Japanese confectioner): Two Types for Sale
- Komochi (plain white mochi) and Daifuku (mochi with anko/sweet bean inside)
- Pre-order Prices ~ Komochi ~ Members: $5 per 1/2 pound bag & Non-Members: $7 per 1/2 pound bag; Daifuku ~ Members: $8 per 1/2 pound bag & Non-Members: $10 per 1/2 pound bag
- Walk-in Prices for both Members and Non-Members: Komochi ~ $7 per 1/2 pound bag; Daifuku ~ $10 per 1/2 pound bag
- The talented Crafty Ladies group will once again be selling their unique handcrafted gifts. Be ready to do some holiday shopping!
- Friendly Reminder: Purchases are either by cash or check!
JBE Band Performance
- We are delighted the JBE Band will be performing at our Mochitsuki again this year!
- JBE Band members are talented musicians who work at the Embassy of Japan and Japanese corporations who are members of the Japan Commerce Association of Washington, DC.
- It is not a Mochitsuki without the famous Raffle! Support the DC Chapter while winning the chance at fabulous items.