Check out the calendar below for a wide range of upcoming events. And visit the National Park Service’s website for links to the Blossom Cam, cherry blossom photos, and information on how to donate to the Cherry Tree Replacement Fund.
- Overtures: S&R Foundation Artist Concert Series, April 4-12, 7:30 p.m., Kennedy Center. In honor of the Centennial Celebration of the Gift of Trees, the S&R Foundation offers the gift of music. World-class musicians, ranging from classical guitarist Soichi Muraji to composer percussionist Andy Akiho perform compositions reworked to showcase each artist’s perspective of the Centennial Gift of Trees. Tickets available now.
- Chado Urasenke Tankokai Japanese tea ceremony, April 11, 12:30-2:00, Japanese Information and Culture Center.
- Canon Performance Stage at SylvanTheatre, now through April 15
- National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade, April 14
- Sakura Matsuri —Japanese Street Festival, April 14
- For more information, go to the official Festival site or to the Washington Post’s Going Out Guide and search “cherry blossom.”
- 2012 National Japan Bowl, April 12-13, National 4-H Youth Conference Center in Chevy Chase, MD. Created by the Japan-America Society of Washington DC in 1992, the Japan Bowl is an academic competition that tests U.S. high school students’ knowledge of both the Japanese language and “Japan, the country.”
- Enhancing the US-Japan Partnership: Education and Cultural Ties in a Changing Global Context,” May 19, 9:00 AM – 5:00 p.m. RSVP required: email@example.com.